What about bundling it with the downloadable installer?

On 1/5/11 5:32 PM, drew wrote:
On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 17:11 +0100, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
If we are looking to promote this to corporations it will need to have
one, and we could give them the option to install one. A home user might
opt out of installing it if they don't want an email client
Right - well, it depends to a degree on how you define "it" being part
of the suite - in the case of LibreOfficeBox, which is the distribution
DVD created by the OOoDev team, most of whom are also part of the
LibreOffice team the disc includes Thunderbird - so at one level it is
at least "bundled" together . (They also include SeaMonkey in that
package.)

Now there is no English version of that DVD, which I propose is where
members of the English speaking community could get involved - it could
be recreated in English.

For that matter, using the LibreOfficeDVD project as a reference, other
groups could form to create alternate "bundles". Following the reference
these groups need not be formal projects in TDF but could form as
auxiliary projects.

Anyway - it just seems to me that when this conversation comes up, as it
does from time to time, that this approach never is brought up.

Thanks

Drew