Hi David, *,

Am Montag, 10. Januar 2011, 00:25:41 schrieb David Nelson:
> Hi Andreas, :-)
>
> > There is currently no legal entity or a legal organisation TDF. Every
> > thing is in the course of formation. Because I know a bit about German
> > law I can assure you that it takes a longer time (not days or a month)
> > to establish a foundation.
>
> Forming the legal entity, the Foundation will take time. But that has
> no connection with the implementation of the Community Bylaws. The
> existence of the Foundation is *not* necessary before implementing
> almost every clause of the Community Bylaws. You can set up the ESC.
> You can set up the membership committee. You can hold elections for
> the BoD, as a *morally-implemented* team. You can set up the
> proportional-representation voting system. You can hold elections and
> votes. You can appoint teams. You can appoint team leads. The *moral*
> life of the Community can exist and function entirely independently of
> whether or not there is yet an officially-formed Foundation under
> German or UK law.

I think this will not improve our current situation. We need a group of people
with
deep knowledge (from their work with the community of OOo) about the different
parts
of the whole project and have the power to establish the foundation that serves
the
needs of the whole community / project. We don't have the time to change the
horses
during this process. This will lead to a waste of time, because the people of
the new
(moral) ESC / BoD had to start the discussion about the foundation (and the
best way
to establish it) from the beginning.

And a bit  for your health ;-)
We - the contributors - are all *morally* currently members of LibreOffice. We
don't
need a membership commitee yet.

Regards,
Andreas
*and please don't resent every time your statement; we are on a mailinglist
with an
archive here*
--
## Developer LibreOffice