Hi Charles, *,

Charles Marcus schrieb:
> On 2011-03-11 9:52 AM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
>> Charles Marcus schrieb:

>>> So change the footer to something like:

>>> Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
>>> *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

>> minor change of line 2:
>> I'd like rather:

> Fine with me...

Uff! :o))

>> If some day someone provides me with http://nice-url.libreoffice.org
>> I'll go and change footers as avised since january.

> I'm confused... you're ok with making the change, but won't do so
> until the list help is converted from the *current* email format to a
> web page?

> That doesn't make sense - these are two separate issues... if you can
> make the change, please do so, then once a web page help is created,
> you can change line 2 to the web link...

You're right 2 seperate things. But for me: 2 times start action, which
I don't like. It's nearly double work. My offer is to sit down and do
the work *once* if all is fine. There is a big agenda waiting. You might
remember: We're working on setting up the DVD environment.

>>> Of course, each list should have the correct unsub link in its
>>> footer.

>> like it's already the case with the this-list+help and is also the
>> case in the mail sent to this-list+h...@lang.domain.tld

> That's a link to the *help* email...

>> To unsubscribe from the digest of this list send a message to:
>> [..]
>> ================</reply> ================

>> note: clickable Link!!

> That brings up a new *email* message...

indeed.

> I'm talking about a link that, with one click, takes you to a *web*
> page that simply says something like "You have been unsubscribed from
> this-list - if this was in error, click 'here' to resubscribe."

Ah, didn't get that - but I still prefer: click here to confirm! ;o))

> This is how many, many unsub links work...

Now got it. As Florian wrote: isn't implemented yet.

> Hey... in fact, many unsub links in  the email footer itself takes you
> to a secure confirmation *web page*, where you can then click the
> 'Yes, really unsub me now!' button...

> I like that idea much better now that I think of it...

ditto

>>> There really is no reasonable, rational argument against adding
>>> this one liner to the footer.

>> Your right - it's waiting since weeks ;o))

>> but I share Christian's concerns, that changing the first line
>> causes as much trouble as it avoids.

> I have seen no - ZERO - reasonable explanation as to how this causes
> *more* trouble... please reiterate...

O.K.: All subscribers not subscribed for "normal" mail will get
trouble. recall: no universal unsubscribe for whatever subscription
available.

>>> I'll bet making these three changes will resolve at least half of
>>> the problems people have, if not more.

>> Guess: Lost!! ;o))

> Not at all... I win this one hands down...

With all requirements satisfied - maybe. :o)).

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich
Libreoffice-Box http://libreofficebox.org/