Hello,

Zaphod Feeblejocks wrote on 2011-03-18 21.32:
I think this is a good idea.

Proposal: Replace the banner, for 1 week, with a link to this page:
http://www.ifrc.org/en/get-involved/donate/donation/?DisasterPageID=51098

It's the international Red Cross/Crescent.  No particular reason for choosing
them, apart from they are a well-
known and respected body.  There are others (MSF, TEAR fund, etc) - but they
may not be as well recognised
to everyone seeing the site.

we had a hard time thinking of what is right - but we received lots of feedback from Japan, also from people who were directly affected, and most of them told us that TDF should follow its mission.

What I will do today, is to privately tweet some information from friends in Japan, to raise awareness and make people donate.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108