Hi,

Am 29.03.2011 17:12, schrieb aqualung:

> Obviously, all francophone users will pronounce LibreOffice one way...
> according to the pronunciation conventions of their language.
>
> The rest of the world, unless they have been exposed to French by learning
> it as a second language, will have no idea.

What about the poeple around the world who sometimes enjoy a Cuba
Libre? :-D

There are many other languages that would pronounce LibreOffice very
similar to the french. But that´s not the point.

> Before a recommended pronunciation is posted on a web page, agreement on a
> particular one would have to be reached first.

Again, every participant is free to pronounce it the way she/he
likes. For me, there is nothing wrong with different pronunciation
by people with different native tongue.

Of course, since questions about the pronunciation come up, there
can be a web page with examples of common and maybe different
pronunciations. But that should be examples rather than
recommendations or even an official rule, IMO.

Regards,
Stefan :-)