I have no issues with a forum that is commercial presumably to [b]cover
costs[/b]. As Andy says, the ads are easily blocked (in that I had no need
to take specific steps to block ads from that site).

One more advantage of forums is that sig files are restricted in length and
readers aren't subjected to lengthy sig files that are sometimes
"advertisement". There's proof of how sig files can be abused in this
mailing list.

For whatever reason, if a forum by the TDF is not desirable by the
power-that-be, we just have to live with the fact.