2011/5/29 Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>

M Henri Day wrote:
> > 2011/5/28 Stefan Weigel <stefan.weigel@...>
> > > As far as I know, it´s an issue of data volume on the download servers.
> > Which, no doubt, is an question of money.
>
> Actually it is just a choice: it does lower the barrier for someone to
> host a mirror, but the size and upload time are comparable; the ratio
> between the space needed to host LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org is not
> an order of magnitude but something like 1/5 or 1/6, especially now that
> LibreOffice partially dropped support for several dozens of languages
> (that were actually untranslated).
>
> You should also consider that the help pack is kind of optional in
> LibreOffice, since LibreOffice relies on online (i.e., on a website)
> help as its primary help system.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

If, indeed, Andrea, this is a choice between two more or less equal
alternatives (from tdf's point of view), I should like to suggest that the
alternative in which help packages, etc, for non-English-language version
are bundled together with the main (US-English) download be adopted, so the
need for users to download and install two or three different packages is
obviated....

Henri