Hi Tony,

Tony Pursell wrote (28-12-11 18:25)
[..]
I have to say this is very irritating where a bug has been logged for
a long time
and re-affirmed may times for new versions of OpenOffice.org, originally,
and now LibreOffice.

Yep, something that happened due to how things grew ..

That said, however, I am quite willing to test my bug in 3.5,

thanks for that!

but the link above is
most unhelpful.  What I need is a way to use 3.5 for testing, while
retaining the
current stable version for everyday use.  Can someone help me with that?  I am
using Ubuntu 11.10 32 bit on a HP desktop PC.

Just install the 3.5.0 beta as pointed out from that page - it will not interfere with your current installation :-)
 (updating the wiki now ...)

Pls feel free to ask if yo have any additional question.

Cheers,

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org