On 28 December 2011 19:48, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 12/28/2011 09:25 AM, Tony Pursell wrote:
> > It seems that all the bugs that were in Bugzilla as NEW have been bumped
> > back to NEEDINFO with the message
> >
> > "This bug was filed before the changes to Bugzilla on 2011-10-16. Thus it
> > started right out as NEW without ever being explicitly confirmed. The
> bug is
> > changed to state NEEDINFO for this reason. To move this bug from
> NEEDINFO back
> > to NEW please check if the bug still persists with the 3.5.0 beta1 or
> beta2
> > prereleases.
> > Details on how to test the 3.5.0 beta1 can be found
> > at:http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugHunting_Session_3.5.0.-1";
> >
> > I have to say this is very irritating where a bug has been logged for
> > a long time
> > and re-affirmed may times for new versions of OpenOffice.org, originally,
> > and now LibreOffice.
> >
> > That said, however, I am quite willing to test my bug in 3.5, but the
> > link above is
> > most unhelpful.  What I need is a way to use 3.5 for testing, while
> > retaining the
> > current stable version for everyday use.  Can someone help me with that?
>  I am
> > using Ubuntu 11.10 32 bit on a HP desktop PC.
> >
> > Tony
> >

> Tony, download the 3.5 debs:
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
> Extract with Nautilus: 'Extract here'
> In a terminal cd to:
> /LibO-Dev_3.5.0beta2_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US/DEBS and install:
>
> $ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
>
> Do the same for the help file:
> /LibO-Dev_3.5.0beta2_Linux_x86_helppack-deb_en-US/DEBS
>
> $ sudo dpkg -i *.deb
>
> That will install the dev version in /opt/lodev3.5. These will not
> interfere wihth your existing LO install(s) & will create a profile as
> ~/.config/lodev/3/user.
>
> Now create a menu or desktop launcher to:
> /opt/lodev3.5/program/soffice
> and off you go.

Thanks very much for your help on this.  LibO-Dev is successfully installed
and
I have tested for the bug I've been following (no surprise that it is still
there).

Cor has put a comment on the website to reassure that this installation
does not
interfere with the current stable version, but I still think I would have
been in
difficulties without your help.

Thanks again,

Tony