From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Morbus Iff
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 8:28 AM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: Re: [jQuery] Accessibility. Take it Seriously in Your Web Apps.

> I completely and totally disagree with the court in this case. At what
point
> does it stop? Does my personal blog need to be accessible to the blind?
What
> if I don't care about them? Why should the courts get involved in this

No, your personal blog doesn't need to be accessible because it does not
have a commercial brick and mortar store. Much like government agencies
have to follow accessibility in the real world (and are /required/ to do
the same on the Web with US 508), commercial entities have the same
basic requirements (wheelchair ramp). These laws extending to their
commercial entities on the web is not a huge leap to make.

> I just think that we're taking things like this a little too far, IMO.
>
> <!----------------//------
> andy matthews
> web developer
> certified advanced coldfusion programmer
> ICGLink, Inc.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 615.370.1530 x737

It's "<!-- ", not "<!----- ...", and signatures should be four lines
maximum, delimited by "-- \n", not the monstrosity you're using.

--
Morbus Iff ( take your rosaries off my ovaries )

Yehuda Katz
Web Developer
(ph)   718.877.1325