I agree. Although you can have add-ons to most popular forums which can make
it act as a mailing list, so users can still interact without the need to
visit the forum. The searching would be a LOT easier to do in the forum
though.

John,

I'd be more than happy to help with the creation of a site/forum for
jQuery.com. I've had enough experience with Drupal and forums (both .NET and
PHP) to have a good idea of what needs doing.

Feel free to email me, if you'd like any help. In the meantime, I'll email
you! :)

Cheers,

Dan