Based on recent discussions I've made some updates to the form plugin.
 Today's discussion prompted some mods to the ajaxSubmit method.  I
also updated many of the comments and then discovered that the
coordinates for image submit elements are not posted correctly in all
browsers (FF in my case).  So I reworked ajaxForm() to use the
dimensions plugin (if it is installed).  If your page doesn't include
the dimensions plugin then the cross-browser support for image submit
elements is unreliable.

I've posted an updated form.js along with an updated test form here:
http://www.malsup.com/jquery/form/

It seems to work correctly in Opera, FF and IE (6 & 7).  I'd
appreciate it if anyone with access to other browsers could test it
out.

The plugin is now 1.70KB when packed. At some point it would be nice
to role the changes from the past few weeks back into SVN and
determine if it might be a core candidate at that point.

Mike