From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Jörn Zaefferer
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 2:17 PM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: Re: [jQuery] Transparent PNG IE plugin for jQuery?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
> Andy,
>
> I looked pretty extensively some weeks ago for exactly the same thing, and
came up empty. There are several solutions available for IMG tags, as you
state, but all of them seem to use imposition of a background on the image
by inserting a SPAN tag. Hence, the solutions do not work for background
images themselves.

> I unfortunately had to ultimately throw in the towel and use GIFs.

Then you, too, may be interested in Steven's stuff, take a look at this
goodie:

  // Fix background PNGs in IE6
  if (navigator.appVersion.match(/MSIE [0-6]\./)) {
    $('*', e).each(function () {
      if (this.currentStyle.backgroundImage != 'none') {
        var image = this.currentStyle.backgroundImage;
        image = this.currentStyle.backgroundImage.substring(5,
image.length - 2);
        $(this).css({
          'backgroundImage': 'none',
          'filter':
"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(enabled=true,
sizingMethod=crop, src='" + image + "')"

Whatever the "e" context may be, but the solution is quite obvious.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de