From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Klaus Hartl
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 2:50 PM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: Re: [jQuery] Transparent PNG IE plugin for jQuery?

Jörn Zaefferer schrieb:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
>> Andy,
>>
>> I looked pretty extensively some weeks ago for exactly the same thing,
and came up empty. There are several solutions available for IMG tags, as
you state, but all of them seem to use imposition of a background on the
image by inserting a SPAN tag. Hence, the solutions do not work for
background images themselves.

>> I unfortunately had to ultimately throw in the towel and use GIFs.
>>
> Then you, too, may be interested in Steven's stuff, take a look at this
> goodie:
>
>   // Fix background PNGs in IE6
>   if (navigator.appVersion.match(/MSIE [0-6]\./)) {
>     $('*', e).each(function () {
>       if (this.currentStyle.backgroundImage != 'none') {
>         var image = this.currentStyle.backgroundImage;
>         image = this.currentStyle.backgroundImage.substring(5,
image.length - 2);
>         $(this).css({
>           'backgroundImage': 'none',
>           'filter':
"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(enabled=true,
sizingMethod=crop, src='" + image + "')"
>         });
>       }
>     });
>   }
>
> Whatever the "e" context may be, but the solution is quite obvious.

Careful, I experienced once, that if you use the Alpha image loader on
an element, that broke all links inside that element, e.g. they weren't
clickable.

-- Klaus