Yep. I used my patch to write an additional plugin that allowed:
$("div[&height>10]")

which allows selectors based on CSS attributes. It'd be really easy to extend jQuery to include any other type of selector, as long as you built the appropriate RegExp parser. And it's only 43 *bytes*

-- Yehuda

On 11/15/06, "Jörn Zaefferer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Without sounding rude, I don't think I would ever use this and I don't
> > think most developers would either. We need jQuery to be small and
> > flexible, not a huge bloated framework like some of the other
> > libraries (that I will leave nameless)... Maybe extending jQuery, or
> > building a plug-in may be the way round this?
>
> Yes, that would be nice. But currently there is no hook to use custom
> selectors (other than `:something`, as
> <http://www.malsup.com/jquery/expr/> demonstrates).
>
> For me it's ok if this feature is not in the core as long as it can be
> used as a plugin.

Yehuda Katz proposed a patch for the parser that would allow custom expressions. And it was quite small.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de

Yehuda Katz