Just a thought:
You could put up a survey online asking:

1. What should the maximum size of jQuery be with these modules (list current)?  [enter number]
2. Which modules do you think could be abstracted out of the core into plugins to save space? [checkboxes]
3. etc.

Of course, this info doesn't make it a "vote", it's just good to get a read of the audience.

Personally, 19k is tiny to me compared to the others out there.  Even 25k would be tiny still.  However, I think the form handling is something that makes sense to rely on a plugin.

Glen