Hi,

> > $('#grid').grid({data:data}).show().gridController().scrollToRow(6);
>
> An perhaps have a method that returns you back to jQuery object?
> Calling it 'end' (or any other jQuery method name) may be confusing,
> something like 'endGrid'.

I don't think that is necessary. You could compare it to a call like
$('...').css('color'). That returns a string wich has methods like e.g.
substr() but no way to return to jQuery, because it is not necessary. You
almost always can move the call to gridController() to the end of your chain.

Another way to solve the problem would be to use classes in the grid like
this:

$('#grid').grid({data:data}).find('.row_42').scrollToView();

Then you just add methods like scrollToView() to the jQuery object which are
very usefull in other cases as well. Though I am not shure if you can do
everything the grid controller needs that way.

Christof