To be honest, I don't know how to currently with drupal, I've looked
through the docs but currently haven't found anything to allow me to
affect the node's class tag.

This way seemed like a quick workaround way to do it, and as far as I
could see drupal_add_js was designed to be able to do stuff like this
(mix JS and PHP, maybe I'm wrong).

I do want to look for a more perminant way of doing this, as I have
thought that a microid spider might ignore JS which would render this
module's current implementation useless.
But at the moment this is more of a proof-of-concept rather than
something fully useable (there are not many services that support
microid).

Tane