I think another point to add to my previous novel is that JQuery should
present itself as it is without regard to some of the traditional mainstays
of "if you have product a you have to market the b way".

The idea behind JQuery is what makes it important and useful. If the idea
itself is promoted, and it is made obvious through the communications with
the outside world that this IS an important and useful idea for others,
people will naturally gravitate towards the it. JQuery - 'The way JavaScript
should be' ... the communications/marketing will stand out just like the
concept does.