Brice Burgess schrieb:
>> I really don't like the idea of forking jQuery, but I'd much rather have
>> less selectSomething logic and more doSomething logic, so maybe at some
>> point I'll prepare a version of about the same size (or bigger) with
>> emphasis on the opposite end. Or maybe not. jQuery does things about 80% the
>> way I would do it myself, so I guess I have to sacrifice the 20% and do
>> things the jQuery way. I need to write a blog entry titled "How I Learned To
>> Stop Worrying And Love The jQuery"!
>>

> No, I don't like the idea of forking either.... in fact it is
> infuriating. This is not a community that is going to balk at your
> changes. jQuery can easily be extended with your own methods. Its core
> functionality can also be changed. You can make these changes available
> to us without forking the thing & splitting a community. See the
> dimensions plugin in how it extends the $.width() & $.height() methods
> for an example;

JavaScript makes is extremely easy to extend existing funcitonality, so
I don't think there is really a need to fork. In addition, once you get
used to the selectors, its not unlikely that you don't want to miss them.

>> I also plan to adapt my table sort/filter/autofiler/page/stripe/etc
>> functions into a plugin. The existing table sorter seems to do the job, but
>> I like to have all my table functionality in one place, and I think I handle
>> it a little faster and more robustly in my code, so look for that at some
>> point if you're interested.
>>

> It would be nice to see a fast & efficient abstracted stripping plugin.
> There is one in tablesorter. There is also one available in rikrikrik's
> most excellent quicksearch plugin;
>
>   http://rikrikrik.com/jquery/quicksearch/

That is now also available in jQuery's plugin repository:
http://jquery.com/dev/svn/trunk/plugins/quicksearch/
I haven't made any serious changes, but fixed a few problems that
prevented the plugin to be used without the $ alias or compress it.
>> I've found a version of a "Cheat Sheet" but it's not nearly as cool as the
>> latest Prototype cheat sheet. I was hoping to find a cool color printable
>> sheet to hang on my wall as a reference. The API is great, but a bit too
>> long-winded to hang on a wall ;)
>>

> http://jquery.bassistance.de/api-browser/  is a nice API ref that's
> downloadable.
Downloadable and printable, so you could just modify the print
stylesheet to fit your needs (and wall size).

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de