Hey, So I've basically made a page that slides open with a submenu for
navigation, and you can click a main link, and the menu closes, ajax loads
the new menu, and then opens up to reveal the new menu.

This works great in Internet Explorer 7 [not sure about other versions], but
just before the menu slides open, it 'flickers' for half a second on
Firefox.  I've found similiar threads, but people always abandon their
threads- so I don't know if they found a solution and didn't bother posting
it, or they just gave up.

So basically what is the problem, and how can I fix it?

Demo page-http://www.rs-wildy.com/flicker/index.html , it might take a few
tries to see the flicker, but it's definitely there...