Hey Klaus! I was hoping you'd chime in. :o)

> But I think that's nothing new to you, is it? I mean, Flickr is to me a
> perfect example of *where* to use edit-in-place. Or the delicious
> headline where you can immediatly edit the tag you're searching for...

Its definitely not new to me. I've just struggled with the usability
issues that you mentioned. Since I've been taking a much more serious
look at usability (especially because of our previous email exchanges),
I've tried hard to determine how I could effectively convey to a user
that "this field is editable". The usability points that you made are
exactly the same concerns I've had. Its such a cool feature but I don't
want the user to sit there an ponder what the heck is going on.

So this is why I'm so interested in getting feedback on how to represent
  this type of functionality to an end user.

Rey...

--
BrightLight Development, LLC.
954-775-1111 (o)