Rick Faircloth schrieb:

> Calling all jQuery/CF’ers…
>
> I’m not real satisfied with the error message placement
>
> options in Jorn Zaefferer’s validation plug-in.
>
> I like to place my error messages right above the form field
>
> that the error message references.
>
> Right now, as I understand it, Jorn’s plug-in doesn’t allow
>
> for that type of placement.

Forgot that other message. Well, parts of it. You can customize the
error placement!

Just implement the errorPlacement function:

$("#myform").validate({
errorPlacement: function(error, element) {
// do whatever you like with error and the element, eg.:
error.insertBefore(element); // <- inserts the error before the element,
use next() or prev() or parent() on element etc. to navigate through the DOM

Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de