Hey Rick:

See if this makes sense to you. I just made a CF page from Mika's Editable
example.

Hth.

Michael

---------

On your Form Page:

The jQuery:

$(document).ready(function() {

      $(".theclass").editable("http://www.example.com/save.cfm";, {

          type   : 'textarea',

          submit : 'OK'

The html:

---------

On your save.cfm:

<cfset type = left(FORM.id,2)>

<cfset unique_id = removeChars(FORM.id,1,2)>

<cfset value = trim(FORM.value)>

<cfquery datasource="my_database">

            UPDATE      homes_table

            SET         homes_table.address = <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR" value="#value#">

            WHERE       homes_table.unique_id = <cfqueryparam
cfsqltype="CF_SQL_INTEGER" value="#unique_id#">

      </cfquery>

</cfif>