On 12/03/07, Mikael Noone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I dont think that using javascript for security will solve the problem, try
> using php instead.
> Since javascript is run from the client, it can be manipulated easily.
>
> Kindest Regards, Mikael.

It is using PHP (or ASP.NET, CF etc). The key is generated on the
server and sent to the client for use within the request. They key
will change frequently (as it could be generated by a combination of
website address, ip, session id, time etc) - i.e. different for each
session.

If the user copied the JavaScript and put it on their own domain, it
would no longer work (as the key will then be invalid).

i.e.

<?php
 if ($_SESSION['ajaxKey'] == $_POST['ajaxKey']) doStuff();
 else denyAccess();
?>