ehm.. my javascript knowledge is kinda limited ^_^
would you (or anyone that has some javascript knowledge) like to make a
sample code? i can expand it to mu wishes when i have a sample code but it`s
really hard for me to start from scratch. i can do all the php coding myself

Thanx
Mark.

2007/3/23, Mateusz Misiorny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 3/23/07, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> the thumbnailing part itself is probably the least of my worries. the
main
> thing i can`t get working right now is the automatic uploading.
> if you still don`t get how this works open up gmail and attatch a file
to a
> post. you will see that it`s auto uploading after a few seconds. that`s
what
> i want.

That should be easy. I do something similar to input field for
searching which don't have an explicit "search" button next to
themselves, they just sit and wait until you stop typing and then
start the search on its own.

Goes like this: for each keystroke I set a timeout which fires ajax
call when finished.
If a new keystroke comes, the "old" timeout is obviously reset to its
start value again.
This way you can type as much as you want and nothing happens because
the timeout is being reset all the time, but when you finish and wait
2 seconds (or whatever), the action will fire.
You could try something like that with onchange() on the form file field
Should do the trick.

good luck,
Matt