Try $('a.selected').parents().show(); as you need to show the parent
elements, not the link.

Cheers,
-js

On 3/28/07, Alexandre Plennevaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 hello !

i have a menu which structure for each item is:
(1)  ul > li > div.linkSubMenu > ul.detailSubnav>li>a

except for the selected menu, which is:

(2)  ul > li > div.linkSubMenu > ul.detailSubnav>li>a.selected

on load, all div.linkSubMenu are hidden (via css: display:none)

i would like that the selected one (2) be shown. I don't know how to
target it via jquery, can you help me out?

thank you!

alex

Alexandre Plennevaux - LAb[au] asbl.vzw / MediaRuimte
Lakensestraat/Rue de Laeken 104
B-1000 Brussel-Bruxelles-Brussels
Belgie-Belgique-Belgium

Tel:+32(0)2.219.65.55
Fax:+32(0)2.426.69.86
Mobile:+32(0)476.23.21.42
http://www.lab-au.com
http://www.mediaruimte.be

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the addressee named
above.  If you are not that addressee, please note that any disclosure,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.
Because e-mail can be electronically altered, the integrity of this
communication cannot be guaranteed.

Ce message Envoi est certifié sans virus connu.
Analyse effectuée par AVG.
Version: 7.5.448 / Base de données virus: 268.18.20/736 - Date: 27/03/2007
16:38