Also. thanks for actually answering the question I asked
along with your other help.

Rick

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Aaron Heimlich
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:33 AM
To: jQuery Discussion
Subject: Re: [jQuery] Correct way to setup a callback function

On 3/29/07, Rick Faircloth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
$.post("Calc_Test_Process_Field_chris.cfm", Params, toggleButton);

That's definitely the correct syntax (
<http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax#.24.post.28_url.2C_params.2C_callback_.29>
http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax#.24.post.28_url.2C_params.2C_callback_.29). Try
adding something like

alert("Toggling submit button");

to the beginning of toggleButton to see whether it's being called or not.

Another thing I just realized is that toggleButton only gets called if the
request was successful. Try this:

var settings = {
    type: "POST",
    url: "Calc_Test_Process_Field_chris.cfm",
    data: Params,
    success: toggleButton,
    error: requestError
};
jQuery.ajax(settings);

// note, this assumes you are using Firefox with Firebug 1.0 installed
function requestError(request, message, exception) {
    console.log("Danger Will Robinson! Danger!");
    console.log("An error occurred when requesting %s", settings.url);
    console.log("Settings: %o", settings);
    console.log("HTTP Status Code: %d", request.status");
    console.log("HTTP Status Message: %s", request.statusMessage);
    console.log("jQuery Status Message: %s", message);
    console.log("Response Body: %s", request.responseText);
    console.log("Exception %o", exception);
}

and see if requestError gets called.

--