On Fri, 13 Apr 2012, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:

These messages appear in 'cpustat -h' output on Opteron 62XX:

  "CPU performance counter interface: AMD Family 15h (unsupported)"

  "See BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide (BKDG) For AMD Family 15h
   Processors. (Note that this pcbe does not explicitly support this
   family)"

A working cpustat seems useful in order to understand cache problems.

Does it refuse to work at all? It's been a while since I last looked
into the cpc code, so I don't know offhand what it does on unknown CPU
families.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to test it (and machine is going away soon) but the related 'cputrack' was used on this hardware. The 'cputrack' command also reports that AMD Family 15h is unsupported but it did seem to produce useful output.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn