On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:40:41, David Malouf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 One of the issue is that local-leaders seem to be focused totally
 locally, but what we are talking about here is a global initiative to
 help local groups. Sometimes you need to think locally and act
 globally. ;)

Since Boston has just gotten started, I've definitely looked to the other
local leaders for help and insight and input - and they've graciously
responded with support and tips. I've reached out to them on a number of
occasions and hope to someday return the favor as others get off the ground,
and as the "older" ones continue to move forward.

I agree that we're locale-focused, but I'm of the belief that we (we=Boston)
can't possibly keep up the pace of thinking up new ideas every month without
getting ideas from other local groups and members. Like this whole Pecha
Kucha thing (or whatever it is). What is it and how is it run? I keep seeing
it, but I have no idea what it is. If there was a "Local" (Wiki or Resources
or...) on the site, I could check it out, read up on it and see if we could
adapt it for Boston instead of trying to piece it together. I would also
share back things that we did and what worked for us. Or ideas we have for
future events, but haven't quite worked out the details and want to open it
up for input and for others to take and run with.

Not to mention posting pictures of our events. Like where can I find the pix
of the NYC IxDA event I attended last month? ;-)

In addition, I think it's important to have a global IxDA calendar that
lists all local events. The local chairs would be responsible for posting
their own events and anyone could go there and see what was happening
locally to them while seeing just how much cool IxDA stuff is happening
'round the globe.

And so on and so on... for now, we are using the tools we have at our
disposal for local coordination - like Pauric said, Google Groups. I look
forward to the IxDA site owning our content instead of Google. :-)

~Lisa