Bryan Minihan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I lump myself in the above group, so I'm not making fun of anyone.  I just
>think we are convinced by all manner of surreptitious means, to NEED to use
>cell phones[...]

Amen.  How did our parents manage to go to the movies or out to dinner without
the kids?  How did the kids manage to get through the school day away from
their friends?  How could we possibly leave the bedside of a sick friend, even
just to go change our clothes so as to not drive the hospital staff insane from
body odor?  What if something happened?!

And yet somehow they did, and we all lived through it.

Somehow the ability to do something has transformed into the need to do it.

-- Jim