>"Science has a while before osmosis becomes >a viable business
practice."

Yep!  I think your reservations about this article tie together some
things others here have said in a different thread (or threads) in
the last few days, Chris.  Mark Schraad lamented the occasional
disadvantages of compromise, and Robert Hoekman Jr. stressed the
value of solid communication -- both in a somewhat different context.
 I hope I'm not reaching too far to make those connections.

When we divide the design process into discreet segments assigned to
different teams, we also need to promote a collegial spirit and
methodology *among* those teams, and not just within them. If we
don't, there's potential for a lot of lost knowledge and
understanding at every intersection.

This requires good communication and an environment conducive to
communication, and that sounds easy but it can get muddy when you
factor in human ego and ambition, for two common examples.

It's just another kind of workflow analysis complicated by a lot of
human variables, and I think good leadership is what gets us over
those potential obstacles. Apart from other thoughts about what Chris
has said, I'd like to hear anyone's story about a leader you've
known who did a good job of keeping all the dots connected along the
way.  Seems to me that's a rare and valuable quality.

Thanks for pointing this out, Chris.

Jeff Seager