I agree with both Abi and Mark about this. I'm impressed that it
remains accessible without scripts, and I like that a lot.

I think you'd want to use this very selectively. In most cases,
it's an advantage to me that my screen contains a finite amount of
information I can sort through and use. My specific usage exception
might be for archived material in a wiki, news site or the like --
cases in which you're unlikely to want anything at the very bottom.

No, maybe not even for that. Try this: reload the page (with
javascript enabled), and use your browser's search function to find
"PHP Throwdown" (which is several "pages" down). You won't find
it because it isn't loaded yet, and it won't be loaded until you
scroll down to it. As often happens with javascript, some basic
functionality is denied. Search is a very important feature to toss
aside without good reason.

Also, this script may make the assumption that the user who enables
javascript has a fast connection. I'm on a T1 line now, and the load
time was noticeable. Anybody care to test this on a dial-up
connection?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's _very_ cool. But these are
accessibility problems that can come back to bite you later, if not
considered at the start.