Shekhar: "How about this AJAX paging example from 'Componentart'
..."

Hi, Shekhar ... As you might guess from my comments above, I'm in
part an accessibility advocate. As such, I like javascript as
progressive enhancement. AJAX is being used far too much (in my
opinion) for primary development with integrated enhancements. I hope
that distinction makes sense. Integrated enhancements are a barrier to
some users, and it's the biggest problem I have with what many people
call Web 2.0.

The Componentart implementation allows no useful content to be
delivered if scripts are denied, so because of our laws it isn't
anything I would be able to use in designing for a government website
(my main interest, these days) ... In other ways I like it, assuming
all intended users have good eyesight, good hand-eye coordination and
javascript enabled.

Very interesting example, Shekhar! Thanks for sharing it.