1. B&A is THE place for people like us to hang, so it would be
fan-fricken-tastic if the job board also allowed anon or not so anon
postings of resumes just for people in our field - then charge through the
nose for recruiters etc to come in and take a peak knowing it was  a closed
community. Hell - I would pay a premium to list my resume etc on B&A knowing
that only recruiters actually looking for me and not a java engineer were
likely to contact me. I *Hate* their "spam"!

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Christina Wodtke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What I worry about is what we saw in boom 1.0, which was a ton of
> unqualified people taking on the title, creating a bad reputation, then
> returning to cab driving when the crash comes. OTOH, I was one of those
> under qualified people in the first wave, so maybe I should be more
> generous. hee.
>
> [Shameless plug]
>
> The job postings on jobs.boxesandarrows.com are extremely accurate. Less
> of them, but they are all aimed at the right demographic and thus have
> high relevancy.
>
> W Evans wrote:
> > And I would love to blame the quality of the job posting sites. There
> search
> > engines are terrible.
> >
> > Just now, I search in  Washington DC....
> >
> > Information Architect (86 results - only 3 were for IA)
> >
> > Interaction Designer (41 results, only 1 for IxD)
> >
> > Interface Designer (10 results, only one for ID)
> >
> > Some of the things that come back in results are amazing. Search for IA
> and
> > get senior java architect as a high ranked result?
> >

> > On Feb 20, 2008 2:26 PM, David Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >> Andrei,
> >>
> >> I think you are looking at a number of different factors that are
> >> causing this.  From my point of view, I would love to move not only to
> >> the Bay area, but NY or Boston where there are tons of openings.
> >> However, the cost of living there is so outrageously expensive, it
> >> doesn't pay for me to relocate (I've got a house with a reasonable
> >> mortgage, as well as a family to consider).  It might be that many of
> >> the more experienced designers (like myself) see the same issues.  I
> >> would take a huge loss of quality of life if I went.
> >>
> >> Just my 2 cents.
> >>
> >> David

> >> --
> >> "Art provokes thinking, design solves problems"
> >>
> >> w: http://www.davidshaw.info
> >>

> --
> Christina Wodtke
> Principal Instigator
> 415-577-2550
>

> Business :: http://www.cucinamedia.com
> Magazine :: http://www.boxesandarrows.com
> Product :: http://www.publicsquarehq.com
> Personal :: http://www.eleganthack.com
> Book :: http://www.blueprintsfortheweb.com
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

~ will

"No matter how beautiful,
no matter how cool your interface,
it would be better if there were less of it."
Alan Cooper
-
"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"