Wow. Honestly this is fantastic Dave. I wasn't trying to be a pain in the
ass - if you refer back to my post about stakeholders and wishing more would
start at the problem-space definition and goals first - things would be alot
better. With the things you set down - it means that a team can get through
those, and then start exploring solutions in a more effective manner.

> The biggest advantages of using the Flash player as a runtime for your RIA
> as opposed to using AJAX:
>
> 1) Write once, deploy cross platform

Okay.

> 2) You can turn your Flex application into a desktop application without
> much code refactoring (using AIR).

OSX/Vista/Linux ?

> 3) With the evolution of browsers, you can be less concerned about how to
> migrate your code to keep up with changes in the Document Object Model in
> AJAX, as the Flash player is backwards compatible.

Your right - this is a pretty big issue that always costs development time
when you have to support IE/FF/Safari on Linux/OSX/MS and you end up going
to the lowest common denominator - but still developers have to hack to get
the right outcome for all flavors - especially when they work for/with me.

> 4) The Flash player now has hardware acceleration... so you can build UI's
> that look and feel the way YOU want the to, and not be limited by your
> development technology
> 5) 3-d integration (using papervision or another framework)
> 6) Handles LOTS of data much, much, much better (data grids with tons of
> rows, etc)

No argument here - for dynamic visualization of large datasets - I can see
that this is far superior - actually - the types of visualization I am
imagining are only possible in Flex/Flash or in WPF.

Thanks for the extensive answer.

~ Will