Hi Rich

I totally agree with all the points you made, in my experience working
with UX/UCD and Agile things like making the methodology 'your'
methodology, as in whatever works for your organisation is fundamental
to success. Working one sprint/iteration ahead is a really good idea,
we always start with a planning sprint anyway, its not whats
recommended in any methodology but, it has always worked for me. It
also allows you to allocate resources and plan some time in for
planning. The other thing I think is really valuable is getting a team
together and involving the clients/users/devs/designers right from the
start.

Laura Francis