I've been following this product for months since pre-launch.  and
wrote about its promising application to a number of user research
methods:

http://www.designingforhumans.com/idsa/2007/12/lightscribe---p.html

Unfortunately the customer service behind the product has not been
altogether impressive with multiple "launch" dates (January,
March), but no products shipped.  I'm supposed to get my pre-launch
order (from six weeks ago) sometime this week.  I still believe it's
a valuable product,especially because it provides binaural microphones
for realistic audio recording -  but am losing my patience.