Hi Daniel,

I guess with "where to start", that is pretty clear (or rather, has become
so since my original post). They have said, basically "Here's what we're
adding to the product—go design it".

So whatever I do will have to be within the constraints of this particular
task, rather than me being able to pick and choose where I would like to
make improvements. I guess my refined question is "Apart from the obvious
things that I can figure out myself, should I, and *how *should I, be
integrating user research and/or usability testing into my design process?
Given very limited time, etc."

What specific things can I do to make sure that what I design will support
user goals and activities?

And thanks for the link. Great article. The blanks I am trying to fill are
in the process that *leads up* to having a design to walk though with them.

Thanks,

Martin