> I personally think one of the most interesting services introduced in
> the keynote was the new .mac, now called "MobileMe"
> (http://www.apple.com/mobileme/)

If MobileMe had been offered as a free service, it would have been the most
important announcement of the day. It not only offers a beautiful
alternative to Google Apps and MS Office, it does for all of your day-to-day
applications what IMAP does for email. Personally, I would switch to it in a
heartbeat — if it had been free. With a subscription fee attached, I'm not
so sure.

Regardless, the 3G buzz will wear off, but MobileMe (a free version anyway)
has the potential of being remarkable for a long time to come.

-r-