>From: Meredith Noble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Personally I hate it when I'm forced to include at minimum 8 characters,
>one uppercase character, one lowercase character, a symbol, etc.

You forgot that neither the first or last character can be a non-letter (to
avoid the use of "password!1", which is easier to break), and that the password
has to be changed quarterly, and to something sharing no two-character
sequences with the previous one (so no "pass!1word" and "pass!2word" usage).

(I've had two of those three, and they threatened the other.  They should have
just assigned us new random ones; it would have been less trouble.)

-- Jim