On Aug 29, 2008, at 5:56 AM, ???? Sonal Nigam wrote:

I would like to know about the drop down values for the forms that I have been creating recently. The values are only Yes and No for the dropdowns varying from 5-9 in number in a single form. I just want to know how best it is to provide the user with a YES, NO and I don't KNOW as the values for dropdown? Any best practices regarding whether the I dont know should or
should not be provided to the user? Will it confuse them? Assist them?

Hi Sonal,

In general, if I were designing forms with "Yes", "No," and "I don't know", I'd probably use radio buttons instead of drop downs. Ergonomically more efficient and cleaner in the design.

As Chauncey suggested, if you could share some sample questions, it might be easier to answer your main question.

Jared