Hello!

I'm working on communicating the role of usability in the software process to the development and UX team.

I would like to hear your* *opinions on diagrams or methods to communicate the steps for ensuring usability in the development process** (e.g. a graphic that show when to do contextual inquiries and task analysis?, when to prototype at different levels of fidelity?, how to assure testability of softare applications? when are the best times to do user testing?, etc.)

I've visited many sources:
- http://www.usability.gov/process.html (this one is the most complete, though a little obscure)
- http://www.jjg.net/elements/pdf/elements.pdf  (too abstract)
- http://adaptivepath.com/images/pillars.gif (too abstract)

One difficulty I've found is that these diagrams do not convey the iterative nature of the process.

Best regards!

--
Guillermo Ermel
Responsable de usabilidad