This is a good topic - designing for death.

There is a resource called http://www.assetlock.net/
There is a review of this service at:
http://www.assetlock.net/elements/press/sfgate.pdf

What are the issues with designing for death?  Here are a few:

1.  Financial information that heirs may need.
2.  Back from the grave - there have been movies about people who died, but
left a series of letters or videos for their loved ones.  Seems a little
eerie, but I figure that my wife my enjoy my odd sense of humor or pithy
sayings when I'm gone.
3.  Revenge :-).  You can have letters sent to people who had irritated you
at some point in your life.
4.  The letters you send to people explaining something that was always a
mystery ("so you didn't marry me because I have white rugs" :-).
5.  Photo collections on disk or online.
6.  Cancelling various services no longer wanted.
7.  Password storage.
8.  Inheriting digital access
9.  Important update information is more and more likely to be done online
(to save resources) so perhaps we should be designing UIs that allow a
second trusted person to receive membership and registration information.
10. Access to emails after death - this is trickier since emails can mix
business and personal stuff and if you are in the military sending emails
through military servers, who owns those messages?

I'm 58 and have less than 20 years left if I go by the morbidity tables so I
started thinking about this a few weeks ago and have started pulling
together all my passwords and main resources onto a terabyte drive that will
go in a safe and will be updated 4 times a year or so.

Good topic.
Chauncey