On Nov 13, 2008, at 8:51 AM, Danny Hope wrote:

Arguably, best practice says: don't initiate layers on rollover, but
rather to require a click.

Danny, I can't agree with you here. Displaying new information on rollover has been a widely used and accepted practice for over 16 years. You could certainly point out situations where it is inappropriate, but I don't see how you can argue that best practice is to not use this technique.

Best,
Jack

Jack L. Moffett
Interaction Designer