Hey IxD friends.

I know many of you are still drifting down from the mountaintop experience
in Vancouver, which truly sounded inspiring from the reports on Twitter and
what-not for those of us not able to attend. (I *must* make it to Savannah
next year!)

But we're already looking ahead to March. For those of you who may be
attending the IA Summit in Memphis this year, let me encourage you to look
into attending the IA Institute's pre-conference workshop called "Beyond
Findability: Reframing IA Practice & Strategy for Turbulent Times."

*Linkage: *
Read more at http://iasummit.org/2009/program/pre-con/beyond-findability/
Register at https://www.asis.org/Conferences/IA09/ia09regform.php

*A few things I want to make clear about the session: *

- We're making it relevant for any UX design people, not just those who
self-identify as "Information Architects." In fact, part of the workshop is
about how different practitioner communities can better collaborate &
complement other approaches.
- By "Turbulent times" we don't just mean the economy, but the turbulence of
technological change -- the incredibly rapid evolution of how people use the
stuff we make.
- It's not a how-to/tutorial-style workshop, but meant to spark some
challenging conversation and push the evolution of our professions ahead a
little faster.
- There will, however, be some practical take-away content that you should
be able to stick on a cube wall and make use of immediately.
- It's not "anti-Findability" -- but looks at what IA in particular brings
to design *beyond* the conventional understanding of the practice.
- We're hoping experienced design professionals will attend, not just newer
folks; the content is meant to be somewhat high-level and advanced, but you
should be able to get value from it no matter where you are in your career.

*Here's the quickie blurb: *

This workshop aims to take your IA practice to a
higher level of understanding, performance and impact. Learn about
contextual models and scalable frameworks, design collaboration tactics,
and how to wield more influence at the "strategy table."

*
If you have any specific questions about it, please feel free to hit me up
with an email!*

*Note: the IA Summit is produced by ASIS&T, not the IA Institute.
--
andrew hinton / inkblurt.com