Our creative team likewise live in a Mac world, in a company dominated by
PCs. The IAs have VMware to switch back & forth and use Visio.  Comparing
VMware to Parallels, one of our top IAs reports preferring Parallels because
it feels more like you're running a Windows app in an OS X environment, so
the switch is less jarring.

Personally, I move back and forth between separate Windows & Mac
environments, and prefer Mac for most things, but I don't think an either-or
world is necessary.  And a few years ago when I did network administration
in a Mac + Windows + Unix environment, I did find Macs much easier to
network and support than Windows.

bests,
Alex O'Neal
UX manager

--
The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The next best time is
now.