If the 2 versus 4 pixels thing is on a crucial page like the Google search
results or list of adsense ads, surely it's a MUST to test it and let the
data speak? No? or would you redesign the ads, see revenue go down and not
change your mind?
Peter

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Dan Saffer <d...@odannyboy.com> wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2009, at 3:21 PM, Andrei Herasimchuk wrote:
>

>> On Mar 20, 2009, at 3:07 PM, Dan Saffer wrote:
>>
>>  Seems like reason enough for me.
>>>

>> So you think that testing 41 shades of blue or arguing about borders being
>> 2 to 4 pixels to the point of being asked to prove 2 is better than 4 is a
>> good thing? That all design decisions should be driven by Google's
>> insistence on data driven design by committee?
>>

> I think we're in violent agreement. I assuredly do NOT think is this a good
> thing.
>
> (Which is not to say you can't do some interesting stuff with data and
> design and testing.)
>
> Dan

me: http://petervandijck.com
blog: http://poorbuthappy.com/ease/