Hi everyone,

I'm currently involved in a spirited discussion about the usefulness
of those beloved 'generic gray head' placeholder icons. (You know,
the ones in address book applications, IM clients, and other spots
where a user might want to assign a personal image to a contact or
other entity.)

I think it's reasonable to assume that 'many' or 'most' people
don't go to the trouble of manually changing these. I'd like to
have more to support my theory, but a cursory web search on this
topic hasn't turned up much.

Have any of you had an experience that would back up or refute this
hypothesis? Even better, have you run across any studies or stats
along these lines?

Thanks so much,
Dana