On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Dana <d...@danasmithdesigns.com> wrote:

> I think it's reasonable to assume that 'many' or 'most' people
> don't go to the trouble of manually changing these. I'd like to
> have more to support my theory, but a cursory web search on this
> topic hasn't turned up much.

I'm curious what you want to do as an alternative. ?  Just not have profile
images?

I brief glance at my twitter feed where I follow 800+ people, I see
basically none that have not customized it.

That said, surely there are contexts where allowing for a profile image
doesn't help much or is not appropriate.  But if it is easy enough to do and
will be seen by folks who maybe don't otherwise know you, I think folks
generally like to put something visual out there to sort of make a statement
about themselves or even simply a head shot.  I guess it depends on the
audience and purpose, though.

-a